Wednesday, July 15, 2009

So Much for Wanderlust!

.
Well, I needn't have fussed about the "where & when" of my recent attack of Wanderlust. Quite literally, my calendar is beginning to look like something a compulsive travel agent arranged for me.
.
Just this week my pastor (aka surrogate son, great friend & boss) came with a proposal. He could provide a cool reprieve from the Phoenix summer if hubby and I would agree to help at high school camp/retreat next week. With 75 high-schoolers signed up, he was a bit concerned there weren't enough hands (and quick wits) to manage the group.
..
So ... we leave this Saturday for a 450 mile drive to Durango, Colorado, where we'll be grandparents in residence, chefs, and hiking companions. It'll be a week of outdoor activity of all types, but it'll also be a week of Bible teaching, mentoring, evening chapel beneath the stars, and so much more.
..
I plan to take my computer, but I'm not optimistic. We my have little or no cell phone or internet services.
.
We no sooner return and two of our granddaughters arrive for a ten day visit. Once they leave, we'll have six weeks before we undertake our three-week trek in Europe.
.
Well, so much for Wanderlust.
..

5 comments:

Beth E. said...

I'm sure you'll have an amazing time...take lots of pics, please! I'll miss you!

Diana said...

What an opportunity! I know you will BE a blessing and RECEIVE one as well.

We love Durango. Hopefully you will have service so we can hear from you.

christy rose said...

Oh wow! But that all sounds so exciting! Have fun!

Terri Tiffany said...

Wow! Will you pack me in your suitcase?? please??

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Well, have fun with that...

Undoubtedly, they'll have some fun with you...

or at your expense!

peace~elaine