Monday, July 20, 2009

Glorious - No Doubt!

.
Camp Durango has hardly begun and already my calf muscles (or lack thereof)
are speaking to me. The hike down (emphasis on DOWN) the canyon wall to the river below was amazing, though by the time I hiked back up (emphasis on UP), my body was protesting mightily.
.

To add insult to my injuries, the young ones in our midst RAN past me several tim
es (they were smart enough, or polite enough, or winded enough not to laugh at me). These are the same young ones that wore themselves out playing in the river (can anyone say frigid water?) - - all of which are under the age of 12. Well, all I can say is: They haven't seen the last of Sassy yet!
.
Even so, the descent as well as the ascent put our senses on overload. There is no way to describe the beauty in this alpine setting, especially the profusion of wildflowers. Small & large lakes, creeks & rivers, and mountain slopes lined with pine, fir, alder & aspens mark this as one of heaven's gateways.

.
Pastor Greg & Lori & their four, along with Tony & Becky & their two arrived early
with us. They've been great companions, and I must say the men (large and small) cooking for we ladies is quite memorable - one of the highlights of these early hours of pre-swarm preparations. I laughed aloud when I snapped this photo, which I'm calling: FOUR MEN & A STOVE.
.
So now I'm beginning to gather news, views and pictures from more of our great adventures here in Colorado. Today I'll spend most of my time helping with the food prep for our large tribe of 95 (75 kids; 20 "other").
.
My calves are happy about that.
.
Great are the works of the Lord;
they are pondered by all who delight in them.
Glorious and majestic are His deeds, and His
righteousness endures forever.
Psalm 111:2-3

6 comments:

Diana said...

Hopefully, you will get some time to drive north out of Durango on the "Million Dollar Highway" up to Ouray. Beautiful!!

Andrea said...

Praying the rest of your time is blessed and full of joy.
Andrea

Diana said...

By the way I have a giveaway posted. If you would like to host a post for it, extra entry for you!

Terri Tiffany said...

It sounds wonderful!

Pat's Place said...

Sounds just beautiful and wonderful! Enjoy!

Saleslady371 said...

I enjoyed the beautiful scenery. Have a great time.